Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

capacitor identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkman

I have a capacitor from an LCD power supply board that I am trying to replace. The capacitor has this written on it

F .33J
PMD 250V

Any one knows a capacitor that would replace this.
It is shaped like this (but this is not the actual capacitor).
**broken link removed**
Thanks

330,000pF = 330nF

The capacitor in your picture is 1µF

I have a capacitor from an LCD power supply board that I am trying to replace. The capacitor has this written on it

F .33J
PMD 250V

Any one knows a capacitor that would replace this.
It is shaped like this (but this is not the actual capacitor).
**broken link removed**
Thanks

330nf/250v, 334/250v, or 330nf/400v

Thanks guys for the help. Do you know what kind of capacitors these are? I am going to order one off mouser.com but don't know the proper name of them. Or would any capacitor at those specs work. I was doing a little research on google, and I think they are called film capacitors, but not sure. Thanks in advance.

Here is a picture of my actual capacitor. Not sure if its .33 or just 33.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a film cap. Mylar or polypropylene most likely. If in doubt, use polypropylene. With a 250V rating and in an LCD power supply that's probably what it is b/c of polypropylene's self-healing qualities.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help guys. Just ordered all the parts i needed. Hopefully I can get this lcd up and running again when they get here.

Definitely a 0.33µF or 330 nF capacitor. The "J" means a +/- 5 % tolerance capacitor (Components marked witah a "K" are 10 %, "M" devices are 20 % and "Z", +80 % -20 % devices).

And it looks like a polyester capacitor, definitively plastic. Personally, i call those bugs "Telco capacitors" because they are often found in telephone circuits. (fractional to a few uF at 250 volts).

Just to let you guys know, got my parts in today. Installed them, and the lcd is back up and running. Ended up replacing the capacitor and 2 transistors. Again, thanks for all the help.

Just to let you guys know, got my parts in today. Installed them, and the lcd is back up and running. Ended up replacing the capacitor and 2 transistors. Again, thanks for all the help.

CONGRATS and all the best WKman

Hopfully, I am not trying to hyjack somebodies thread but, a simple related question.

What Value does a commanly found Capacitor in CFL, Marked : 2A224K : signify ?
They are mostly green in colour and guess they are Matallized Polyester Film Capacitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back