Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

d2freak82

I'm trying to find a specific capacitor, I'm having a rough time. I figured with the numbers on it I could find an exact replacement, but the only place I've found that is Alibaba and you have to order 1000, I only want 10 or so.
If there is another that would work in it's place, please advise.

From what I've been able to learn, or what I think I've learned and found out is that it is 25uf mkp x2 (safety capacitor) + - 10% but those numbers could be wrong. Could someone help me find this capacitor or a suitable replacement?

Attachments

• capacitor.jpg
    capacitor.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 128
That cap is old and huge. What is it from?

OK. 305VAC rated. X2 cap. Looks like 22NF. Big for that capacity.

Well, if I'm correct that it is indeed a 22NF cap....X2rated... they are readily available. 25 is not a standard cap value be it in any capacity..NF or PF or anything else.

Your application with the 100K Resistor is making me scratch my head...

X2 rated caps are there for noise suppression on SMPS. You have something noisy. But it's a secret lol.

Explain exactly what the unit does..it's application... everything. Than we can figure stuff out. Otherwise it's just guesswork for us.

Oh and another thing lol....we are a bunch of seasoned pro's in our chosen fields. We don't guess...we deliver answers. We are not 'try this try that".
We know our stuff.

But you must help too by giving us the most info you can with the problem you are battling with.

TV

And he's gone offline.

No worries. ETO still the place for accurate Info. Noone here tries to impress anyone else. Members here know their stuff. That's what counts.

I don't try to pretend I know Microprocessors and Digital and stuff . I don't.

Here we go with what we know.

ETO is the place to go for accurate, advice.... not Clueless guessers.

Long live ETO. Best, most technically savvy site on the WWW.

X-rated Caps used for microwave ovens etc (6.8uF is common) are about $1/uF @600Vac these are readily avail. From Mouser, DK etc. Then you can put pin parallel or choose the most economical buy.

Lower VOltage ones are about 0.2$/uF and rises with voltage

Sorry 256K means 250 uF the others were wrong too. Not nF

I expect this to cost ~ $100 or $.4/uF @ > 310Vac rated . If the application is AC dont choose a DC rated CAP

. THese are X2 (verify) rated grid caps. But these are elephants when they only use 1nF ~10nF X&Y caps to earth groundwith a series CM Choke inductor to make are CM line filters which is the ideal EMI noise filter that is bi-directional. X means lin to neutral and Y means to earth ground which attenuates differential noise with a CM choke and bypasses the RF noise to earth Gnd. And also attenuates line transients from switching grid voltage and weak lightning transients. A series Polyfuse then adds extra immunity to protect the caps from absorbing too much energy from over-voltage lines

Last edited:
1 more question, is there a suitable replacement for the Panasonic 20uf JS181206-AA
same application

Dirty electricity is erratic spikes and surges of electrical energy traveling along power lines and building wiring where only standard 50/60-Hertz AC electricity should be. Also called electrical noise, line noise, and power line EMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back