Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitor confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

elemint

I am in need of 2 capacitors for a german radio. However I cannot make sense of the german schematic. Does anyone know what kind of capacitors these two are? The left paper one says 2200pf 1000v on the other side. Thanks!

Attachments

• Oct2009 055.jpg
    Oct2009 055.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Well, get a 2200pf at 1KV and replace it.
The component on the right was a resistor when healthy, and if you have the schematic, its value should be there. But that resistor let the smoke out by some other bad component reason you have to investigate. No way you can repack the lost smoke back in.

Why does that capacitor have 3 numbers? 250v, 450v and 1000v? I think it is the outlet I use that is causing the smokers. This is the second radio in a few days I was working on that burnt out a capacitor or a resistor. That resistor was also cracked when I took it off.

Well, get a 2200pf at 1KV and replace it.
The component on the right was a resistor when healthy, and if you have the schematic, its value should be there. But that resistor let the smoke out by some other bad component reason you have to investigate. No way you can repack the lost smoke back in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back