Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

capacitor codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then use the ones you've not destructively tested at half (or even a quater) of the voltage.

A more acurate way of destructively testing a capacitor is to use a current limited power supply or series resistor then increase the voltage until it won't increase any more, at this point the capacitor will still be ruined, it's less likely to explode and the reading is will be more acurate.

If it doesn't state a voltage, you can only guess. . . And a guess is just that.

There's no secret, invisible writing. . . And it's not written in the dashes and dots. If it's something you need to replace, then just replace it with a higher voltage rating than you expect it to need.

All electrolytics that I've seen give the rated voltage (in V - volts or WV - working volts=same thing) And you can get ceramics rated at 4Kv, which should be high enough for most applications.

If you're replacing a particular capacitor in a specific piece of equipment, and you're not sure what to use. . . just ask on here, give as much info as possible, and I'm sure the more experienced members will be pleased to point you in the right direction. . .

Or just do what Hero999 suggested, but don't forget to note the voltage at which the cap exploded :D

the capacitor that i have

If it doesn't state a voltage, you can only guess. . . And a guess is just that.

There's no secret, invisible writing. . . And it's not written in the dashes and dots. If it's something you need to replace, then just replace it with a higher voltage rating than you expect it to need.

All electrolytics that I've seen give the rated voltage (in V - volts or WV - working volts=same thing) And you can get ceramics rated at 4Kv, which should be high enough for most applications.

If you're replacing a particular capacitor in a specific piece of equipment, and you're not sure what to use. . . just ask on here, give as much info as possible, and I'm sure the more experienced members will be pleased to point you in the right direction. . .

Or just do what Hero999 suggested, but don't forget to note the voltage at which the cap exploded :D

the capacitor that i have has the #3 9 1000 6a it came out of a computer monitor for a touch screen , the monitor name is advantech model #fpm-2150g-r. It is used on a printing press colortech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back