Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitor/Clapper Assistance needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I have builit the hand clapper device, and I am running a small bed lamp off it. Its so handy to lie in bed, clap and the lights turn off.. but back to business. 8)

I am living in a shed which has been converted to a room, but the power fluctuations, primarily from the fridge and computer monitor, seem to activate/deactivate the clapper.. I'm assuming its just latching the relay on and off as it uses a flip flop in the circuit diagram.

I was thinking about adding a capacitor to the circuit, to hold a bit of charge for maybe half a second just so that the frigde and computer monitor can turn on without disrupting the lights.

**broken link removed**

BTW, I cut an mains extension cord in half, then used the wires in that for my transformer to get the 9v AC, then used other components to get it to a perfect 5v DC. I haven't used any fuses (don't flame me for this) but I do want to know where to put them, just inline of the blue/brown AC wire??

Also if I hold a mobile phone near the clapper, when it is changing towers or someone is calling/receiving messages the clapper goes crazy.. any ideas on why this could be happening??

Thanks for all your help!

Tim.

I do not Understand about the 5 volts. For What?

But Increase C5 to 470 uF, maybe even Much Higher, to stabilize the supply voltage better.

Cell Phone problem, This is partly a sensitive C-mos circuit. Very sensitive to RF. Shield it inside a Steel Box.

Hmm after looking again its actually 9V not 5v.. sorry.

Also is there a way I can put a large capacitor over the circuit somewhere rather than have to take something out? I designed it so that everything was very close together, and it would be a real pain to have to fix it all up again.

How do I sheild the steel box from the circuit? Put it on a layer of rubber or something?

And what about the fuses.. just put one inline with the transformer power?

Cheers All,

Tim.

You just Enclose it Inside a Metal Box, Insulated from the box. Bring the wires out through some small holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back