Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can't find datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1.5

hi,

5555.png

can someone please find the datasheet of this ic for me? I couldn't find it for a month.
Thanks.

hi,

View attachment 132869

can someone please find the datasheet of this ic for me? I couldn't find it for a month.
Thanks.

Why would you imagine there's a datasheet? - many devices out there use 'in-house' numbers, so there will never be a datasheet available for it - unless you can somehow find an original number for it?, and can find a datasheet for that.

From the package colour and logo, it's almost certainly a Fairchild optocoupler of some sort.
The commonest white ones are MOC3000 series - 301x, 302x, 303x, 308x, but it could be many others as well.

See if it reads as an LED between pins 1 & 2? if so, it's an optocoupler of some type.

Some context may be helpful. For example You bought a box of unknown ICs and this is one of them. It is from the power supply section of an audio amplifier and there is no output from the power supply. From information about where it is in a circuit gives some clues to what it's function might be.

Les.

That's great BUT how can i order similar parts from distributer ?

From the package colour and logo, it's almost certainly a Fairchild optocoupler of some sort.
The commonest white ones are MOC3000 series - 301x, 302x, 303x, 308x, but it could be many others as well.
that is certainly i was looking for thank you so much. I will take a look of them

If it's from a PSU regulation feedback, it's probably a conventional transistor or darlington output type, not an MOC series which are for triggering thyristors/triacs.

If it's from a PSU regulation feedback, it's probably a conventional transistor or darlington output type, not an MOC series which are for triggering thyristors/triacs.
Yes it was on the Power Supply board . Do you have any suggestion what it's code would be ?

And also i have checked some of MOC series optos datasheets and i have found that MOC3xxx must written on the ic but as you can see there is no mentioned MOC on it.

Some context may be helpful. For example You bought a box of unknown ICs and this is one of them. It is from the power supply section of an audio amplifier and there is no output from the power supply. From information about where it is in a circuit gives some clues to what it's function might be.

Les.
Sorry yes that was my fault. It is on the Power supply board. And after i bought it , i wanted to order some of that components for when failure happens on the board. I mean for replacement of any failed component.

From information about where it is in a circuit gives some clues
Im sure that it is a optocoupler because it is on the input side of the board and there is a resistor between input connector and 1st pin of that ic for i guess led current limitation

I think it is probably an MOC5555. I can't find a datasheet for it and Fanell and RS don't stock it but I found this advert on ebay.

Les.
thank you. I have see it before but couldnt find datasheet like you. If i can replace it with similar ones it would be perfect but cant do without know anything of its spesifications

Some MOC series I've found do have darlington outputs, rather than triac - so it's certainly possible.

There are also H11 series that have a FET output across 4 & 6.

Some MOC series I've found do have darlington outputs, rather than triac - so it's certainly possible.

There are also H11 series that have a FET output across 4 & 6.
I have checked datasheets of h11lxm series and MOC series optocouplers but , as mentioned on datasheet, it must be written device product number like MOC or H11LXM on top of the ic. As can be seen there is no any Product identification code on it so for this reason im not sure those series would be ! maybe it is not matching because this part is old product or the production has been changed or it is a specific product that is not for public use. I dont know .

Having the board populated with that IC, trace the common to both sides of the IC. If they are separated, good chances it is an optocoupler.

In the datasheet, they use to give specific data for white / black chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back