Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can u teach me how tor determine I2c slave address without information from datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

adee85

does any1 know how to determine i2c slave address with oscilloscope? pls give me some direction...

if you can monitor the conversation between master and slave, you should be able to see the slave address at the very beginning. A logic analyzer would be more useful since the oscope isn't likely to display the data you need for very long.

the guys at hackaday have something called the bus pirate, it's a usb toy that can monitor various serial buses, i2c included, and dump that data to your PC. It is open source, so you could look at how they're reading the i2c info or just grab one and call it done.

most slave addresses are a static 4 bits as the manufacturer ID and only 2-3 variable bits. So you look up the manuf. id, and then brute force the remaining bits until you hit on something.

okok thx for the useful info...
but now me have another problem...
my usbi2c device hanged...after the read i2c command implemented for around 10 times...
when i change the delay time for read i2c command, then the usbi2c device hanged at different times...may be 10 or 10++ after the read i2c command implemented...izzit that i nid observe the delay time effect with scope??? or this is not the problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back