Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can this HBridge work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabbie

Hi guys,

Just wanted to confirm will this H-bridge work. I've added in an extra transistor at the power supply negative rail specifically for my PWM enable pulse. I did this so that i only require 1 PWM pulse for this motor driver. Basically i have already performed the simulations on electronics workbench and gotten positive results. However, that is only theory based. So i just want to get the opinion of everyone.
ThxTHX :)

Attachments

• newhcct.jpg
    newhcct.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 354
I havent done motor control for some time, so I've forgotten details on the H-Bridge, although all the components are there but your inputs seem abit strange.

Anyway, just to inform you, it will be cheaper, and probably easier, if you just buy a generic motor control chip. I used L298+L6210 last time. Worked great, and gives you 2 channels too!

A requirement for my project is to self-built the H-bridge driver. The problem is im only limited to one PWM channel per driver. Thats the main reason why i added the bottom transistor. Pls give me any opinions or suggestions whether is this appropriate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back