Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can someone identify this before I crack it open would be a shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.

terramir

IMG_20220204_164423599.jpg

I Am guessing that it's some kind of audio gadget, equalizer or effect type thing, but the copper and plexi on top give me pause, also I really don't dare hook up power to the jack because I have no clue about polarity, but this might be a common project that someone might be able to identify before I slaughter the beautiful work.
They might also of the bat recognize the base circuit and be able to tell me if this circuit would usually have polarity protection.
terramir

The OP's photos shows one that is different from the one in the video link on that page. The OP's photo shows a wider box, a switch and what look like two 3.5mm jack sockets.

It may actually have some function. I don't think that the one in the video actually does anything.

Edit:- It's the "advanced" one with a light! https://freecharm.com/ModelELux.html

Last edited:
Omg lol that's why there was a letter wishing all their kitties healthy taped to the copper plate lol, I figured it donated somehow lol and in was some kinda sacrifice to the universe. Thought it was useful in the first place but a wishing machine???? Really??? People will really believe anything right?
If I can figure out how to open it I will update
terramir

It's in a run of the mill art box but they glued it shut, with run of the mill pva, while that stuff is water soluble and melts at a reasonable temperature, the problem is any tool I got would burn the wood, or waterlog it. I will have to see if I can find my real xacto knives cause anything else would damage the wood. While the pva would melt before the wood would burn putting it in the toaster oven might damage components inside

It's in a run of the mill art box but they glued it shut, with run of the mill pva, while that stuff is water soluble and melts at a reasonable temperature, the problem is any tool I got would burn the wood, or waterlog it. I will have to see if I can find my real xacto knives cause anything else would damage the wood. While the pva would melt before the wood would burn putting it in the toaster oven might damage components inside
Hammer and chisel (or even hammer and screwdriver :D ) - why make hard work of it?.

It's not like it's any use for anything, nor likely to contain anything useful.

Most useful part is probably the knobs :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back