Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can someone help me understand what's going on here with AD8004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavjayt

Hello,

I designed a 4CH op-amp configuration using AD8004. I used their recommended values to get best performance. But when I input a signal into any channel I get half of the amplitude as o/p.

My input signal is 1Vp-p. As soon as I connect it to the i/p side, the i/p drops to 510mVp-p (as expected), but the output is at 510mVp-p as well, I adjusted my P1 so that P1+R92 = R93.

Attached is a screenshot of the datasheet and my design. Any ideas?

thanks

Attachments

• AD8004_G+2.png
    AD8004_G+2.png
    229.3 KB · Views: 174
  • AD8004_G+2_Sch.png
    AD8004_G+2_Sch.png
    123.6 KB · Views: 134
  • AD8004_G+2_Brd.png
    AD8004_G+2_Brd.png
    581.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
What P1 does there, floating?

Are you sure the pot is connected correctly in the real circuit. That floating end will turn a gain of 2 into a gain of 1.

ak

Are you sure the pot is connected correctly in the real circuit. That floating end will turn a gain of 2 into a gain of 1.

ak
I am pretty sure. When I deleted all the rest of the stuff from the other 3 channels to take a screenshot, I accidentally removed the gnd on this too. But, on the actual board it is connected to ground.

Hy pavanbabut,

If you redraw the circuit so that it represents exactly what you have wired up and so that we can read it, may be we can sort your problem.

spec

I wonder , Pavan jee,
1V p-p as input.
don't you feel it is too much~?
I don't think so, this is running at ±5V supply and more over my required gain is +2 which gives an output of 2Vp-p. My actual input itself is 1Vp-p. Let me know if you think otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back