Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can someone give me information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juan123

I want to know how to recharge unrechargeable batteries. Can someone give me some information on this . on how to do it.

As far as I know, it isnt possible. (I think) The battery gets its power from a chemical reaction inside, and there is no way to undo this reaction to get power back in the battery.

If it were possible, then why would everyone throw the batteries out when they were used up?

Articles on recharging primary (Zinc-Carbon) cells which I think appeared in the November 1980 issue of (American) Popular Mechanics and also in (UK) Elektor c1991 (the Elektor article was better as it was more up to date)

It's possible to recharge primary cells up to ten times.

The cells aren't fully rechargable, they charge up to 0.1 volts less than their original terminal voltage.

The cells should be recharged when they discharge to 1.2V.

Cells should be disposed of when they won't fully charge anymore or don't power the device for long.

The charge current is an AC square wave with an approximately 50% duty cycle, about -1 volt for the negative going part and about +3V for the positive part of the square wave. The negative voltage is to stop electrolyte buildup on the electrodes.

The charge current is about 10mA (positive and negative) or the batteries capacity in Ah/100 gives an approximate charge current.

Had no luck finding any circuit so far but will look a while longer

Best I could find.

Attachments

• pcr_charger.jpg
    pcr_charger.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 418
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back