Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can leds change color over time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubleM

i put some blue leds in my car interior. when first put them in they seemed more of a deep blue lavender type color. now they seem more toward a cyan color.

today i installed some different blue ones i got from another guy on ebay. basically the same type 5mm, but put out around 15000mcd. they are brighter but look darker blue than my other dash leds which are 8000mcd.
when i put them in i really noticed the difference. it looks ok but doesnt quite match.
ive heard of leds dimming over time, but not the color changing. is it possible this happened? or is it just a straight up different led color?

LEDs will change color in most cases if they're overdriven. You're using the proper limiting resistor value for a auto installation? Are you able to find the spec sheets for either set of purchased LEDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back