Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CAN interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why buy a random test device when you could just buy a CAN-USB adapter? It would let you test your code as well as monitor the bus when testing with an actual CAN device (ie. the CAN device you actually plan to use, and not some random one you are buying for testing purposes only)

This one is way cheaper but has command-line interface only which might get to be a pain in in the ass (though no more than RS-232 I guess)
https://www.c-a-n.com/canusblite.html

This one is able to use a much more convenient software though:
USB CAN Adapter on Sale $265.00, 2 for $520.00, 5 for $1,250.00 1-800-975-4743 USA

Last edited:
Haha thanks, I considered that. Just would rather not have to program another device with CAN in order to test my own CAN. Doubles the work and if something doesn't work it makes things really annoying.

WIth the probe you don't need to program another device...you program your PIC to send something and read the received message off the PC to see if that's actually what you sent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back