Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Neon

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if it's possible to use cold cathode fluroescent neon tubes (**broken link removed**) for the source of uv light to make pcb's using the riston uv/pcb developping system??? sorry if I didn't put in the right words.
Thanks very much
Reece

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if it's possible to use cold cathode fluroescent neon tubes (**broken link removed**) for the source of uv light to make pcb's using the riston uv/pcb developping system??? sorry if I didn't put in the right words.
Thanks very much
Reece

hi,
They are not suitable for PCB exposure lamps, not enough UV.

Google for UV pcb lamps

Look thru this:
Ultraviolet and UV Lamps

Last edited:
I would think it would work, but not as well as real black light fluroscent tubes.

I imagine it would be much better than UV LEDs though.

It's probably worth a try if you want to make a portable UV exposure box.

I wouldn't trust UV LED's they have bad focus for one and the power is abysmal compared to a fluorescent tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back