Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use MiWi with SE C18 compiler ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

udayshri

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to use Microchip C18 compiler(student's edition) with PIC18F4455 and trying to load MiWi P2P program into it.
So I thought I should start trying with the Demo code for P2P provided in "MiWi P2P-2.1.1 Web Release"
but whenever I am compiling it.

"It gives me massage that the compiler does not support extended mode"

My application is going to be very simple.
I was wondering how should I deal with this problem. I would really appreciate if anyone can help to resolve this problem.

Also any other suggestions are most welcome. Please do share your experiences if you have used it and made work.

Regards,

Can only say that by breadboarding the PICDemZ schematic I can start a node1 (or at least it says it has started a network). The node 2 device is a different story though, it gets stuck in a "can't find a suitable network" loop. So presumably, the end device never fires an interrupt for some reason. Have had no better success compiling the example code either.

The setup used is SE C18 v3.3, MPLAB 8.3, and recent pre-compiled hex files. Devices used are a 18LF4620 and a 18f4620 with a 74hc244 level converter.

One indication that I haven't killed off the MRF24J40MA modules is by downloading the **broken link removed** code. With that, at least some communication was established between the modules. That could be an angle, because ascii commands are used.

thanks nickelflippr for your reply.

I have downloaded C18 V3.3 SE and now atleast I am not getting the error about the extended mode. I have downloaded the AN1192 Radio Utility Driver code, I play with it now.
Thanks again.

Well let us know how you get on. Ultimately would like to get a stripped down P2P on a 18lf14K50 or 18Lf14K22. But until I get the 18lf4620 PICDemZ MiWi or P2P version of the demo going, adjusting the hardware definition files is on hold.

All that message means is that extended mode optimization is turned off. Your newer version will start giving the same message in 60 days once some optimizations stop working. The code will still work fine but will be slightly bigger and slightly slower than if you buy the full version.

Mike.

Thanks for the reply Mike,

So you mean even if I go on using the same version, i.e after I turn on the extended mode, the code will still work, rite?

but what does slightly slower mean?
does that mean if I use full version I will get response in 1 sec
but if I use student version then I will get response in 2 sec?

Have I interpreted it correctly?

Kindly let me know.

Regards

To nickelflippr,
Right now I am changing the code as per my project requirements. I will surely let you know if I have any updates.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back