Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I transfer a web-base IP phone connection to telephone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsz1

Normally I use web-base IP phone services, through the sound card and headset. Can I extend the connection to a telephone?
any idea? please. :lol:

Uhhh... possibly, some old modems have a telephone jack that you can run to a phone, but the problem with those is that you crap out your net connection when you pick it up.

Other than that I've got no ideas right now...

Though I have dialed a phone with my computer... heh... I have a program called Cool Edit, it's a sound editing app, it can also generate dial tones, so long as there's a 1ms break in between each tone, a phone will pick it up. Called my bro that way.

I think, the IP-phone work via 10/100 network card and DSL or cable modem. Connect a normal voice/data/FAX-modem to serial port, run the attached program and will work. (but the headset connect to modem)

i think you forgot the attatchment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back