Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I get some help or someone point me the right way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent Canady

I need a delay timer that is trigger with 12v and will turn on a relay that will pull at least 10A I need the delay to be 0 to 2sec in hund/ten/sec with a led segment display with push button for up and down to adjust it. when the 12v trigger is removed it will cut off and when 12v trigger is back it will rest and start over.If any help or where to look Thanks

What you require is a timer that works in milliseconds (10mS = hundreds, 100mS = tens, 2000mS = 2 seconds)
Then some way of counting them, then some form of a driver for the 7 segment display, etc.

The easiest way i think would be to use a micro processor, as it can do all you require pretty well with one chip.

Depending on how the 12 volt input signal is used you might need to add a opto coupler to isolate the micro from the 12 volts, as micros work on a max of 5 volts.

My choice of micro for this application would be a Picaxe as they are easy to program and no special equipment is needed, other than a computer to download the program from.

There is excellent support for picaxe on the picaxe forum and all the information and software is free to use.

There is also development circuit boards avaliable that you could adapt to suit your needs (check out the Kiwi board)

Pete.

Thanks Pete I'm want it to turn on nos on a race car and have one for each system it will be triggered by battery 12 v I don't mind paying some to design it just can't find the right person

Ahhr, brings back memories of when there was a quater mile track in town before insurance fees killed it.
Ive hit the odd squirt of NOS myself. :D.....:eek:

If you post your location in your profile it can help sometimes, as someone might be local and happy to lend a hand.

More information will get better answers to, like is this powered from a separate battery or the car battery, how many 7 segment digits do you need, or can it be a LCD.
Is the delay pre nos or is the delay for the nos injection.

The trigger and relay part is easy, its the bit in the middle that more information is required on.

Whats it running in out of curoisity? (not a Ford i hope)

Pete.

No not a slow ford I'm in SC the trigger is off of the same car battery race cars have either 12v or 16v and when you go into the lights you have a transbrake button when you let it go it sends battery voltage to a wide open switch on the Carb and if that switch is closed it sends battery voltage to the timer to start it and when removed it will turn off if it is hit with 12 volts again it will start over the led will show up better at night it need three numbers sec/tens/hundreds the relay will turn on a relay I think it needs to be a solid state but I might bee wrong the relay will turn on the system it may pull 10 amps thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back