Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I connect switching regulators like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

picstudent

I have (locally available and cheap)a switching regulator which can take 37V input, but I need to drive from a 60V source. can i use a arrangement like this?

Attachments

• myarrangement.jpg
    myarrangement.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 166
No, you can't do that.

Thanks .That solved my first issue in a disappointing way Hi!.

Then, I need to derive +5V @1A and 12V @ 1Amps from a varying supply (40vDC to 60VDC).
( I have measure and display this input voltage, that is what I am going to do )
What would you recommend I should do to get my DC rails?

Thanks for the response

Use an IC that will work from 60V.
**broken link removed**

I read that page and it seems that it will give only 7.5V max output. I need to drive big 4" 7Segment display.So need 12Volts

Thanks

edit
sorry it will give upto 70V.

But no locally available, may have to get from farnel at high cost. LM2576 was availble

Thanks

Last edited:
You've misread it, it'll give up to 70V out and will take up to 75V in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back