Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I ask you a personal question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeCrashKop

Most Helpful Member
Internal monologue short.jpg

I think mine is mostly images. Whether it is machinery parts fitting and working together or electricity following a path or results progressing through a computer program.

For me, most things just ARE. They don’t require verbal conversation.
There is no milk!
I want milk
There is milk at the store.
Go out the door, lock the door, open car door, put key in ignition, start car, put it in reverse and back out driveway, apply brakes, look for traffic coming etc.
No verbal conversation required.

Mine is music - a mental jukebox, which can play even when I'm talking or working on something, as long as I'm not concentrating hand on a subject.
(Presently some Bad Company tracks).

I never hear voices (other than in dreams), but I often talk to myself - [one way, no conversations!] - as I find it easier working things out for a design or problem solving etc. like that, as if it recirculates concepts through alternate parts of my brain & triggers more associations that the original internal thoughts.

I often talk to myself as I find it easier working things out for a design or problem solving etc. like that, as if it recirculates concepts through alternate parts of my brain & triggers more associations that the original internal thoughts.
That sounds like a good idea.
I will try it.

For me, most things just ARE. They don’t require verbal conversation.
There is no milk!
I want milk
There is milk at the store.
Go out the door, lock the door, open car door ........
I used to think I had an internal dialog but reading your description it describes the process I go through too.
I never hear voices (other than in dreams), but I often talk to myself
Back in the 80s when I first started programming I used to describe my code (out loud) to anything that would listen - normally an empty coffee mug. I found the act of describing the code often resulted in me realising what the problem was. It's now been given the name Rubber Ducking.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back