can cd 4017 be used for adjustable timer circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaarrr

hi
I m trying to make an adjustable timer circuit using 555 timer. Can cd4017 be used to adjust the time? I m told so, but what actually does an cd4017 do?

The 4017 is a decade counter divider. Each incoming clock pulse (when pins 13 and 15 are low) sequentially increments the 1 of 10 output pins high. What exactly are you trying to do?

Ron

I m trying to couple this circuit to a star-delta starter. So that the star to delta transition time can be made adjustable. Now my lecturer (who i think is a little confused) tells me to use a cd4017 to make the timer 'adjustable'...... N i dont know **** about this cd4017. Can it work? If not then how to make 555 timer adjustable?

You can use a 4017 as a "programmable" delay by clocking it at a fixed frequency, and then selecting a "delay" by taking an output off the decoded output bits. With a single 4017, you could get a delay of 1 to 9 clock periods. If you cascade two 4017s, a two-input AND or NAND gate would give you a settable delay of 1 to 99 clocks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…