Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can anyone replicate this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One model airplane propulsion system I used on a balsa glider was Jetex. It was a small aluminum can that a pellet of fuel was placed inside then the can was closed with a lid that had a hole out the back. In the hole was a wick that was lighted then when the pellet burned it made thrust with a loud HISS. The airplane disappeared and might have caught on fire and burned away in the sky.

I have heard that Chinese lanterns have caused fires. I saw one flying along with a fire burning inside causing it to rise.

Attachments

• Chinese lanterns.jpg
    Chinese lanterns.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 104
How ironic. I built a balsa model in the 1950's and put a Jetex engine on it. It was covered with the usual tissue and dope (i.e., before Monokote). Made it half-way across our yard before disintegrating in flames. That was in So-Cal hills, so I guess I am lucky it didn't make it out of our backyard.

To keep OT, I have never used a gyro in any model airplane. I like to fly them myself.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back