Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone recognise this symbol on my conenctors ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

iso9001

I have this symbol on all the conenctors I found, but I cant figure who makes them (thus I cant buy them)

I think it MAY be Delphi.com, USCarr (cant find website), cc.yazaki-na.com (Yazaki)

I cant figure it out.

Anyone seen this before ?

Attachments

• p1010069.jpg
    p1010069.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 481
The manufacturers names you mentioned suggest that this
must come from some end of the car harness. We have bunch of
different ones from variety of makes and we usually get them
from our customers (sometimes they rip body side harness to get
connectors). What vechicle it's for and what function?

These connectors were designed by Chrysler and built by anyone who had the technology. Even if you find out who built it, they could not sell to you because they do not own the design. You will have to buy from Chrysler (cost an arm & leg), or design your own.

Yea... thats not really correct.

While it is true that some connectors are designed and exclusive to a mfg. Most general, non-application specific connectors are picked out by engineers from a catalog and then are priced out. They are not exlusive and it is very common to find connector series that are on GM, Ford, and Chrysler vehicles.

Say GM has a proprietary emmisions leak detection unit, it is likely that may need a conenctor that will have to fit a bunch of dfferent requiremnets. So to save everyone the hassel of finding a connector that will work and making that fit thier design, they just go ahead and design one. That connector would not be able to be purchased.

So, now whose logo is this ???????????????????

Aside note: There is an easy way to tell if the conenctor is proprietary. NONE of the conenctors I am using have any GM, Ford, or DC logo on them. However I can find connectors in vehicles that do. I am fairly certain these are non-exclusive.

ISO, probably something you have already covered. Have you tried looking at a automotive parts retailer for the connector? You can probably find the manufacturer from them, or at least a replacement??? If they don't have it, you can contact a Chrystler / Dodge dealership and they should be able to help you with the name of the manufacturer, and a replacement. You don't necessarily have to purchase the part from them, just use their service for information.
https://www.partsamerica.com/default.asp
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back