Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone help with my problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP said mobile home, not RV. He is also talking 240V. I'm not sure of any RV using 240V (I have never seen a campground offering 240V service in over 25 years of RVing). 50A 120V service I have seen, and looks an awful lot like 240V. I'm thinking this is a "modular" home with an actual main panel. The ground and neutral should be connected in/via the panel.

30 amp RV service is 120 volts. 50 amp RV service is 2 circuits 120 volts each this is actually a 240 volt service at the outside circuit box. Inside the RV circuit box divides 240v into 2 circuits 120v each. There are no 240v appliances, HW heater, AC or Heat units. Everything inside the RV is 120v.

Our RV has 30 amp service. The RV uses only 1 wire to the circuit box so there is only 120v to ground. The other 120v terminal is not used. There is no 240v only because the other phase wire is not there. The 50a service has both phases but keeps them both separate for 2 circuits that are 120v each inside the RV.

Years ago I took a volt meter to the camp ground 30a service is 120v on 1 terminal. 50a service is 120v to ground and 240v between the 2 hot terminals. It appears to be a normal circuit like for a 240v, welder, kitchen stove, electric dryer, but inside the trailer it is wired 120v. RV circuit box uses a different plug you can not plug in a, welder, kitchen stove or electric dryer.

My point was that you can identify the conductors easily in the main panel and there are subtle differences as to how the panel is wired depending on application. A 240 V electric water heater, can connect L1 and L2 with a low resistance path if one is open. There is also capacitive coupling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back