Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone build a simple control for me? (UK based, will pay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Jones

I'm looking to add a custom control switch to a device.

If anyone might be able to help, please PM me and I'll give details! Will pay!

You might describe the basic design needed as a start. Functionality first and
foremost. Load description of what needs to be switched. Power, current, voltage....

Regards, Dana.

I'm looking to add a custom control switch to a device.
That's like saying "I'm looking to build something". Without further information it's meaningless. In this example it could be a garden gate, a fence, a garden shed, a house, a bridge, a skyscraper etc.

Mike.

My apologies! Here are more details about what I'm trying to do...

I have a small, dimmable LED lamp which I've been using as a flashlight for my work. It's USB powered and I power it with a small power bank. (I don't have current or voltage specs to hand, sorry.)

The lamp works perfectly for me, but the dimming controls are painfully slow and hard to use. You have to keep your finger held on one button and wait ages while the brightness slowly goes up, then another button to dim down again.

I'd like to be able to quickly adjust the brightness with just a simple movement of the finger or thumb, so I can find just the right brightness at any given moment. So I'd like some kind of analog controller - like a slider or trigger.

If anyone is willing to take a look at the LED and see what they think, I could send it out with return postage at no cost to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back