Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can anybody advise me if this is an bzx84-A11 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ju susantyo

20161213_175935.jpg

A Google search for smd w70 gives it immediately

That depends on the manufacturer though. W70 from Panasonic, for example, could be completely different from W70 from Diodes Inc.

That depends on the manufacturer though. W70 from Panasonic, for example, could be completely different from W70 from Diodes Inc.
The OP asked if it was a bzx84-A11, and the code W70 denotes (at least in one usage) a BZX84-B16. I thought there was enough evidence.

The OP asked if it was a bzx84-A11, and the code W70 denotes (at least in one usage) a BZX84-B16. I thought there was enough evidence.

It could very well be, and probably is, but I think more testing would be necessary to make sure. It's just a standard SOT-23 package, so it could be a diode, a transistor, a voltage regulator, or hundreds of other possibilities. If you could verify that the manufacturer of the device in question is NXP, then you can be sure that W70 means it is a BZX84-A11. But unless you can determine without a doubt that it is made by NXP, there is still a chance that it is something different.

I've never been a fan of these sorts of codes, personally. I think they should have a fourth number somewhere designating the manufacturer as well.

I cannot determine for sure about the manufacture, but i can confirm it's a diode, but here's what makes me confuse, if this is an nxp diode, and according to nxp bzx84, then the working range for this series would be from 2.4 to 75v related to marking code, in this picture, the marking code is 04 instead of the w70, and nxp datasheet, 04 would be an 11 volt zener, so it is bzx84-a11, but if i feed this diode with 24v series with 10k resistor, the voltage measured is 16 volt, i compare it with other w70 with marking code is 10, the result is the same, 16 volt. any advise would be appreciated, thanks a lot

I cannot determine for sure about the manufacture, but i can confirm it's a diode, but here's what makes me confuse, if this is an nxp diode, and according to nxp bzx84, then the working range for this series would be from 2.4 to 75v related to marking code, in this picture, the marking code is 04 instead of the w70, and nxp datasheet, 04 would be an 11 volt zener, so it is bzx84-a11, but if i feed this diode with 24v series with 10k resistor, the voltage measured is 16 volt, i compare it with other w70 with marking code is 10, the result is the same, 16 volt. any advise would be appreciated, thanks a lot
In place of the 10K resistor use these resistor values (or approximate values) in turn:
4K7
2K2
470 Ohms

If the voltage across the diode remains at 16V, essentially, you have a 16V Zener diode. If the voltage varies significantly the part is faulty.

If you could post a schematic showing the diode location, we could probably determine what the Zener voltage should be.

Just a general point- the marking code on surface-mount components is notoriously variable, unlike the part number marking on bigger components, which is reasonably consistent. To make matters worse, equipment manufacturers will often have their own marking codes put on components.

spec

DATASHEETS
**broken link removed**
https://www.smd.ru/upload/medialibrary/345/bzx84.pdf
(now NXP)
https://www.vishay.com/docs/85763/bzx84v.pdf
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips