Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calling all Hotpoint Engineers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaspode42

Hi

I am the unfortunate owner of a Hotpoint WD420 washer/dryer which has not developed yet another fault. If I turn the machine on then all the indicator lights on the front panel flash rapidly. I have tried cycling the power but it made no difference :(

Now I recall reading somewhere that there was a problem with the seal on the controller board, leading to condensation problems. Can anyone please tell me if this is true or not, and if it is can I remove the controller and try to dry it some way? If not any ideas what else may be malfunctioning would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance to all for reading this, and any information received ;)

Last edited:
Bump........

I used to have a washing machine that required replacing the switch/controller board about once a year. It may have been that moisture was somehow getting into the circuits.
Finally got rid of that particular model. It's replacement .... a different brand ... has lasted 15 or 20 years.

As far as something to try .... obtain a spray can of electrical contact cleaner, remove the controller board, and liberally spray all of the plugs and connection points, including whatever looks like it may be a ground connection. ... Allow to dry a few minutes and then reassemble.

If you see any wires that are connected to the metal frame, you might want to also disassemble the connection points, thoroughly clean the contact surfaces, and then reassemble. These would be ground wires, and would be essential to proper electrical operation. Any rust or oxidation at their end terminals, where they are connected, might affect the washer operation.

... Suggest getting a can of the actual electrical contact cleaner spray, rather than just something like WD-40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back