Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

caller id project

Status
Not open for further replies.

callerid

dear all
i currently doing the caller id with the pic 16f628A. my programming and ic are working very well but my mt8870 decoder is not working. i need some help here. i stay in Malaysia please help if anyone got any idea
this is the schematic i refer to. thks. i need it urgently.

144-schema_nrmelder_uk.gif

There are several different standards used for caller ID.
The circuit which you have built uses a DTMF receiver (MT8870), If the Malaysian phone system does not use DTMF for caller ID, your circuit will not work.

Have a look here:
Caller ID FAQ
Look as though there is a good description of whats-what.
I notice that it mentions Singapore, but I did not see Malaysia in there.

JimB

my country malaysia is using the dtmf system. that is why i build that circuit. do you got any idea to check either the dtmf decoder is working properly? is that all the country use the same dtmf format?

thk for the reply

actually now i was confusing is that my code problem or the mt8870 problem.
here is the code i write for the dtmf decoder

Attachments

• number receive.txt
    1,008 bytes · Views: 611
The program you uploaded is not complete. Hard to help with what you uploaded, I do not see the scan routine.

i have tested the dtml with the schematic below and it work well. i just dunno why i connect the Q1 to Q4 pin to the pic abut the lcd didnt show any number. please help. thks
195-dtmf-receiver-ic-mt8870-tester.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back