Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calculator and magnet

Status
Not open for further replies.
A magnet that forces a Micro to execute instructions. Not in this world!!!

Those "magnets" aren't even real magnets - don't you think they'd attract the calculator, which undoubtedly has magnetic material inside it, with a little more force than that? As he's pushing the magnet towards the calculator there's no attraction at all!

Brian

I wonder if these silly prank videos will ever end. They're getting so silly now that it's not even a prank anymore.

Brian

i've had magnetic field, RF, magnets, etc all around different kinds of calculators and never seen this kind of reaction. It might would if you had a calculator that filled the entire room, like back in 1960 where you actually had individual magnets for each 1 and 0 stored by the computer, but now a days most things are able to take pretty strong magnetic fields without interference. Not to mention that but the magnet is permanently polarized meaning that it couldn't be magnetized for individual IO information. It will keep the same magnetic field unless you break it into pieces or put a huge freaking electromagnet next to it.

positronicle said:
Can someone verify if this is for real?
I think there is just some fancy video editing going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back