Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculation of DNL and INL for a R/2R DAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gopal Adhikari

Hi teachers out there,

I have designed a 4-Bit DAC whose Output is as shown in the attached simulated.txt.
I need to calculate the INL and DNL of the DAC. It also has some gain error.
I tried calculating the dNL and INL. But I think something Fishy is going on with my calculations.
Please help me calculate INL and DNL of this DAC.
i consulted many books and i found some texts but could not verify my calculations.

the picture file contains the calculations done in excel. sorry this forum doesnot support excel file so, i have shown some calculations in the text file.

Please help. what am i doing wrong. how to calculate these parameters with gain and offset errors.

thanks in advance.
Gopal

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 339
  • Simulated.txt
    803 bytes · Views: 219
Are your tests consistent with the definitions in this app note?

Dear Mike,

I have gone through this app note already.The problem is that my DAC has some gain errors, I don't know how to nullify this error.
this note suggests that INL can be measured after the other errors are nullified

if you have some example workout, it would have been a lot help.

thanks for the reply.

gopal

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back