Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cables / wires for dupont connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

g2c

Hi all,
what wire would you recommend for making DuPont connectors jumpers?
Thanks in advance

I recommend explaining what a DuPont connector is. Photos would be nice.

ak

AnalogKid: There's a pic in the Amazon link I posted.

From the description: said:
  • [Dupont Connectors Kit] 620 pcs male and female JST SM connectors assortment kit by QLOUNI for DIY project
  • [Pin & Pin Pitch] JST SM 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 pin terminals, 18-26 AWG wire, Pin Pitch: 2.54mm
  • [Easy to Use] Just put the crimps in the tool and press them, make the crimp the insulation are all the way toward the wire
  • [Use Range] Compatible with Arduino and breadboard style pin connectors and sockets, like 3d printer boards etc.
  • [Delivery] 200 pcs female crimp pins; 200 pcs male crimp pins; 10 pcs 2x5p, 10 pcs 2x4p, 10 pcs 2x3p, 10 pcs 2x2p, 20 pcs 1x6p, 20 pcs 1x5p, 20 pcs 1x4p, 20 pcs 1x3p, 40 pcs 1x2p, 50 pcs 1x1p

g2c: If you don't already have it,I suggest you get the crimper. ;)

I was pushing back on g2c to provide useful information in his question.

Looks like Molex Centi-Grid or Tyco (AMP) Ampmodu. Digi-Key.

ak

AnalogKid: Sorry about that. And you're right.

If I found that on Amazon after about 5 seconds of googling, then he should have found the same info that I did.

I dont understand why i had no notification of the answers!

I have the crimp tool and the connectors and contacts are those in Michaela's link. What i am looking for is a recommendation or link to multistrand wires for making the jumpers.

Thanks for your time

I'd use 7 / 0.2mm equipment wire (or "hookup wire" - same thing) for that size of connector.
That's 0.2 mm^2 or 24AWG, stranded.
eg.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stranded...1-2mm-Equipment-Wire-11-Colours-/121981720232

If you prefer you can also get multi core cables with individual cores that size.

Note that for the double row type, standard IDC connectors on 0.050" ribbon are compatible with many sockets and pin headers that the discrete wire ones fit.
eg. https://www.amazon.com/Connector-FC...51106475&sr=1-6&keywords=idc+connector+10+pin

What i am looking for is a recommendation or link to multistrand wires for making the jumpers.
That depends on what the jumpers are to be used for, and only you know that.
Voltages?
Currents?
AC frequencies?
Lengths?
Environment - lots of flexing or pulling, very high or very temperatures, etc?

ak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back