Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cable TV Signal Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahesh_jo

Dear Friends, All of us have cable tv at our house and work places. Some times we dont get signals from our cable operator do to some fault in the line. Is anybody has any idea about developing a cable TV signal detector. I want a thing which can be driven by 1.5 to 3 volt supply and has just two LEDs. RED for No signal and GREEN when the signals are coming.

-Mahesh Joshi

I can tell you that my cable modem has an LED that indicates the presence of a signal - but there's more - it's not just any RF energy but the right band and at a level for reliable communications.

I was having trouble with my internet and the cable modem light would be off or flashing indicating trouble - consistent with an inability to connect. Cable guy came out and put spectrum analyzer on it - showed plenty energy but not across the bands as expected. Ended up being a fitting.

You might do some research on cable modems to see how they do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back