Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cable Descrambler

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNecio

i recently got my cable modem installed so i was thinking about getting a descrambler so i can get cable tv i kno that after i get this thing hooked up i have to let my cable company know but what i want to kno, do i just buy a descrambler and hook it and im ready to go or is there other stuff that i need to get to get a descrambler box to work? thats pretty much whats keeping me from buying a descrambler box because i dont kno if i need other things other than the descrambler box. hope you guys can help me out, thanks

thats pretty much whats keeping me from buying a descrambler box because i dont kno if i need other things other than the descrambler box. hope you guys can help me out, thanks

The legalities should be the other thing that is keeping you from buying it as well. :shock:
Cable is hard to hack because it has 2-way communication. That and the cable company can detect leaks or someone getting free cable onsite without even going into the house.
If your looking for free tv satellite is the way to go, not that I endorse it. It has one way communication unless you plug your phone into the receiver and there is no way of detecting any leaks.
good luck
Olo

Hi, #1 if you tell the cable company that you are using this, they will charge you for all the channels, even if you don't get all of them. You may as well not buy the Decrambler and just pay for the service.
#2 hook your cable to your VCR and the Descambler to the VCR this signal
can't be detected Because as far as the cable company is concerned the VCR blocks Unscrambled signals... :roll: hope this helps ?

guys, guys, lets get one question answered before we even get to the descrambling part

Is it digital cable or analog cable ?

wheter its analog or digital cable i have no ide i just kno i got high speed Internet from Comcast and i was told that i could get a descrambler and get all channels or just get a splitter and get basic cable. but i was thinking abut getting the descrambler.

MrNecio said:
wheter its analog or digital cable i have no ide i just .

well then you better find out which one it is, because there's absolutely no point of going any further with this if you don't know the fundementals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back