Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C++ PIC programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velvet Leopard

Hewwo. I heard that you can use C++ to write programs for PICMicrocontrollers. Is this true and can anybody lead the leopard to a place where I may get some further info on this subject? Thankies very much. The leopard purrrrs and swishes his long furry tail.

**broken link removed**

Personnally i don't like it. The generated code is way to wastefull. If i rewrite a program in assembler to do the same it sometimes is 5 times smaller

Thank you, Exo.

Hi there. That is interesting about the assembler being smaller than C++. I do not know assembler and I am learning C++ for other reasons. Do you know of where I can find resources for learning and using assemblers? I would love to use and program these PICs as efficiently as I can. I thank you for your reply.

Re: Thank you, Exo.

Velvet Leopard said:
Hi there. That is interesting about the assembler being smaller than C++. I do not know assembler and I am learning C++ for other reasons. Do you know of where I can find resources for learning and using assemblers? I would love to use and program these PICs as efficiently as I can. I thank you for your reply.

A 14 bit PIC only has 35 instructions (it's a RISC processor), so there's not many to learn.

The best way is probably to study existing code, which is basically what my PIC tutorials do, have a look at http://www.winpicprog.co.uk. Your first port of call for anything PIC should probably be the PICLIST - there's tons of code and help at http://www.piclist.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back