Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C++ Builder and USB<->RS232

Status
Not open for further replies.

vital060

I am trying to make an application with C++Builder which communicates with a PIC16F877A which has a RS232 interface. Unfortunately my computer only has USB ports so I have bought a USB to RS232 converter cable.
Well I am a complete beginner to C++ Builder so really at this point I don't even know it will be possible to do this... Any help and advice would be really appreciated.

I am trying to make an application with C++Builder which communicates with a PIC16F877A which has a RS232 interface. Unfortunately my computer only has USB ports so I have bought a USB to RS232 converter cable.
Well I am a complete beginner to C++ Builder so really at this point I don't even know it will be possible to do this... Any help and advice would be really appreciated.

I buy ft232r breakout boards rather than the convertor cables.... then I only need the usb A to B leads...

Writing to a CDC device is exactly the same as writing to a RS232 COM port.... Once the CDC firmware is installed it will enumerate the USB port that the chips connected to as COMx... You just use that port in Builder.

It has 2 MDIO channels. One is CFP compatible running at 1.2V with 4MHz MDC frequency.
SUB-20 has integration modules for LabView. Low price, good support, reliability. What else?
We use SUB-20 as I2C master as well and also via LabView module.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back