Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buying vacuum tubes in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGiard

Hi,

Can anybody recommend some sites where I could buy vacuum tubes online? Being in Canada, I'd prefer Canadian sites if there are any, otherwise U.S. sites. I did a preliminary google search but I'd like to hear from actual people who bought tubes and were satisfied with them.

I don't think the tubes I need are particularly exotic: 6AU8A and 12BY7A.

Thanks

Hi,

Can anybody recommend some sites where I could buy vacuum tubes online? Being in Canada, I'd prefer Canadian sites if there are any, otherwise U.S. sites. I did a preliminary google search but I'd like to hear from actual people who bought tubes and were satisfied with them.

I don't think the tubes I need are particularly exotic: 6AU8A and 12BY7A.

Thanks
Hi SG,

This site is good site: https://stores.ebay.co.uk/karltoneguitaraccessories

A friend who, knows what is what, and repairs/modifies amps etc, uses them all the time- not sure if they ship to Canada though.

spec

He is not seller but he sale parts. Here's his personal site and email there: http://chemelec.com/ living in Canada now.

When I used to purchase tubes, I would purchase them from New Sensor in NYC.
Competitive prices, wide selection and they won't sell you s**t.

A1 Surplus in Etobicoke, outside of Toronto has a million tubes, both new in pack, and used loose ones. He also has a tester for tubes as well...salvaged froma old repair shop...one of those "test yer own" Kiosk type deals.
Call 'em up...they have literally TONS of electronic supplies....they have a website, and the owner name is GLENN.

Thanks to everyone for the tips. Kimbear, I just checked A1's website and it seems to be exactly what I need, so thanks a lot.

I have been there. It is full of very old junk like these obsolete things:

Attachments

• vacuum tubes.png
    vacuum tubes.png
    270.4 KB · Views: 265
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back