Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

buying something like the MIT happyboard + joyOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

csharpboy

hi,

I'm a kickass programmer but barely know anything about electronics..

I recently came across MIT's 6.270 competition and apparently they dish out a special board with an LCD, servo and motor ports and some sensor ports, the board comes with its own OS called JoyOs which is AVR based which i've learnt is a common API system in robotics? Also, it can be programed with regular C functions like move(int speed, int secs); .... you get the idea..

Unfortunately its only for the competion... but I bet you guys know something similar? I would be complicated for me to assembly stuff on my own.... but this would maybe get me started ... so i know whats going on and then i can go on to assembling stuff on my own?

Thanks so much

Gideon

hi,

I think i found what I was looking for....

BootAVR Rapid Development Board [RKI-1009] - Rs.300 : Robokits India, Easy to Use, Versatile Robotics Kits...
TrackBot - Remote controlled [RKI-1231] - Rs.1,695 : Robokits India, Easy to Use, Versatile Robotics Kits...

Its a little expensive but I have no idea what parts I need to buy to build a simple robot, and how I could connect them (like the sensors to the micro controller) and then how do I program it all. could someone help me with this.

I'd also like to know a little about microsoft robot studio.. what kinda of hardware does it control??

Thanks so much

Gideon

Radio Shack sells a book called "Getting Started In Electronics". It is a complete course in electronics. I think it is a steal for twenty dollars or you can shop Amazon for a used copy because you can pay more than that for an electronics book.

hi,

I found something... .the problem now is 'm kinda lost as to what to buy and how to assemble these things together.

**broken link removed** seems nice but I'm not sure if its programmable... there is also this **broken link removed** It says it can connect to an LCD and a IR sensor stuff like that. So how do I stick both together and will it be programable??

Thanks so much.

Gideon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back