Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buying Custom Transformers online

Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionITR

Is there any online company out there that will sell (in small quantities < 100) custom made transformers? Not big transformers, but small high frequency transformers.

Thanks

I've never looked, but there are obviously companies out there that make custom SMPSU transformers - but for small quantities I would imagine you're talking a LOT of money?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
I've never looked, but there are obviously companies out there that make custom SMPSU transformers - but for small quantities I would imagine you're talking a LOT of money?.

Yes I know companies exist that do nothing but make custom transformers. What I was asking is if anybody knew of a company who made small quantities, maybe less than 100 per order. Money isn't an issue so I don't mind paying more for a small volume unless it's ridiculous.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Have you tried google?.

It finds lots of hits, here's one of the first.

I must be googling wrong, I get Transformers, Robots in Disguise.

I dont know of any, but google seems to help.
https://www.yesmec.com/products/index.php

Im thinking Family owned = Small Business who might cater to your needs rather than a large company. You could alway email companies and see if they will do what you need.

FusionITR said:
Yes I know companies exist that do nothing but make custom transformers. What I was asking is if anybody knew of a company who made small quantities, maybe less than 100 per order. Money isn't an issue so I don't mind paying more for a small volume unless it's ridiculous.

You Don't say Where you Live?

In Vancouver, B.C. Canada (Actually "Surrey", a suberb of Vancouver), a Company called "Best Coil Ltd" can make Custom Transformers for you in Small quantities.

Phone 604-543-7739, Tony or Ellen

But Custom is Not Cheap and price will also depend on "IF you have all the Winding Info".
Wire Sizes, Turns, Specific Core info and ETC.

Also be aware that Monday is a "Thanksgiving Holiday in Canada".

Hope this helps......Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back