Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Busy week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Had a busy week so far, built these up:

PTUS.JPG

Impressive. Do you have a link to a description of these devices?

Mike.
Edit, and it's only Tuesday.

Impressive. Do you have a link to a description of these devices?

Only a fairly vague one - essentially it's just a pulse counter/measurer - it measures the width of pulses, counts the number of pulses, and calculates the flow of water through a water meter. It also incorporates a pulse output as well, so can be used to supply pulses to test other equipment. Needless to say it uses a PIC :D

Nobody else makes anything like it, and it was one of the first products I came up with - we even use them ourselves here for various purposes.

The later versions use the SMT to do all the readings, it's made life a lot easier once the SMT became available - previously I was using interrupts to extend the range of the counter timer, but now it's easy to time in microseconds with 24 bit resolution. If the counter times out, I consider that as no pulses.

Mike.
Edit, and it's only Tuesday.

We've sold a good few hundred of them, and we a good profit - expensive parts are the keypad/label, the case (supplied ready machined from Hammond), and the mil spec sockets on the front. Everything else is pretty low cost - the LCD display is a bit tricky, as it's a smaller size than the usual ones, and it was a question of finding something that would fit the Hammond boxes.

I can't believe no one makes a nice little handheld case that is ready built to accept standard LCD modules?.

Nigel,
is that you in the video?

JimB

I can't believe no one makes a nice little handheld case that is ready built to accept standard LCD modules?.
I've used the OKW ones, Datec range, in the past:

I've used the OKW ones, Datec range, in the past:

Nice, bit big, square and ugly though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back