Busy week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive. Do you have a link to a description of these devices?

Mike.
Edit, and it's only Tuesday.

Impressive. Do you have a link to a description of these devices?

Only a fairly vague one - essentially it's just a pulse counter/measurer - it measures the width of pulses, counts the number of pulses, and calculates the flow of water through a water meter. It also incorporates a pulse output as well, so can be used to supply pulses to test other equipment. Needless to say it uses a PIC

Nobody else makes anything like it, and it was one of the first products I came up with - we even use them ourselves here for various purposes.

The later versions use the SMT to do all the readings, it's made life a lot easier once the SMT became available - previously I was using interrupts to extend the range of the counter timer, but now it's easy to time in microseconds with 24 bit resolution. If the counter times out, I consider that as no pulses.

Mike.
Edit, and it's only Tuesday.

We've sold a good few hundred of them, and we a good profit - expensive parts are the keypad/label, the case (supplied ready machined from Hammond), and the mil spec sockets on the front. Everything else is pretty low cost - the LCD display is a bit tricky, as it's a smaller size than the usual ones, and it was a question of finding something that would fit the Hammond boxes.

I can't believe no one makes a nice little handheld case that is ready built to accept standard LCD modules?.

The video about the water meter monitor which you have made.
(I had to hunt a bit to find it).

JimB
No it wasn't me, my boss took the video, and the guy was just a waterboard employee.

I'm not that young

I can't believe no one makes a nice little handheld case that is ready built to accept standard LCD modules?.
I've used the OKW ones, Datec range, in the past:

Nice, bit big, square and ugly though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…