Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bus steering wheel on analog car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box1

Hello,
Has anyone fitted a new multi button steering wheel to an older car ?
I'm trying to control a new radio head unit that is controllable from a interface unit that works with new wheels but not mine as mine is too old.
I know its not a plug and play thing but as the new wheel will only control the head unit and doesn't need to control the old car systems I thought there might be a way !!
thanks

Is your head unit wireless? Is the steering wheel wireless? Many(most?) steering wheel controlshave a "clock spring" wire loom in them that would be hard to put in a columb that uses the old style turn signal switch, that is where the clock spring would go. So if it is possible or not is up to your own skills.

Head unit Alpine iLX-F903D, car Mercedes sl500 2002, steering wheel replacement any new Mercedes to control unit.
The car has 4 buttons on the wheel but I've been told by lots of people not compatible with the new technology,
Two pictures attached, old wheel and one like the on I would like

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 220
  • Mercedes-flat-bottom-top-steering-wheel-W204.jpg
    Mercedes-flat-bottom-top-steering-wheel-W204.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 224
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back