Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Burnt IP cam PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnB_

Hello guys,

My father recently managed to burn one of my cameras by changing the cable and plugging it directly (rather than using one of the adaptors it came with) to the socket.
Now I'd like to know if it can be repaired, it seems doable from the damage that I can see but maybe I'm missing something? I didn't manage to find anything about this board or the board itself anywhere as there are no markings on it besides "799990304".

Any suggestions (other than binning it)?

IMG_2682.JPG IMG_2680.JPG IMG_2681.JPGIMG_2680.JPG

What was the original power supply supposed to be?

Can you post closer-up photos of the components you think are burnt? High resolution preferred (blurry photos are not useful at all).

What was the original power supply supposed to be?

Can you post closer-up photos of the components you think are burnt? High resolution preferred (blurry photos are not useful at all).
The original power supply was DC 12V/1A.
The last photo added where the components marked in red was my best shot without messing up the auto focus, all the other components I managed to test return 0.6V and "look" ok, these are quite burnt.

I'll try taking another photo with a digital camera to see if I can get closer.

L.E: Here's my second attempt at taking a closer-up. you can see what looks like a low voltage regulator (ADJE writing on it, maybe **broken link removed**) next to the components that I believe are burnt. If it helps, when using a multimeter to test some of the components with the ipcam plugged in to a USB port they all read 0.6V.
IMG_8046.JPGIMG_8044.JPG IMG_8045.JPG IMG_8046.JPG

Last edited:
Hey,

Sorry for bumping this post but I still have these cameras sitting around and not sure what I can do about them, it definitely looks like they are mostly alive besides the voltage regulator.. I believe they can be brought back to live but not sure how to go about sorting them out.

Any ideas would be more than welcome!

i think one is resistor other is capacitor. Marking code ADJ(sot23-6) is possibly Dc-Dc converter ic. If you can find datasheet of that ic maybe you will get a idea. If its Adj type ic those burned parts sets to out voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back