Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

buried wire fence schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave h

Firstly an appology if is already here:have spent hours trying to find schematics for B.W.F,both the transmitter and signalling circuit.I am in the process of building an autonomous lawn mower,hopefully to be solar powered as well.Must point out that have only limited knowledge on electronics but am abit like an old horse and can follow directions ! ie schematics.Thanks:

Hi Dave,

welcome to the forum.

A lawn mower requires quite some energy, most of them about 1 1/2 DIN-hp (approximately 1,100W), but many of them even more.

If you charge a fairly good battery with solar power your lawn mower will work. The question is the weight of the battery, which adds on to the total weight.

Also, to charge the battery you'll need a powerful solar panel.

Just lean back and imagine the difference concerning expenses for that project.

Boncuk

B.w.f

Thanks Boncuk for your speedy and helpfull reply. Here is a couple of sites which has inspired me to attempt this.
Robocut: www.robotshop.se/micro/wwwrc_us/hm.htm
Huberts Robots: Hubert's Robots

The first site is an autonomous mower which were going to be sold as a kit.
The second is a homemade solar powered mower.Very interesting.

As touched on in your reply;there is not a lot of power available and so needs careful matching of cutting motor and drive motors to obtain a satisfactory result. The battery will onlly be a 14.4v ,3.0a,and so is important
that power is not "wasted" if a satifacory run time is to be achieved.
If the lawns are trimmed every couple of days and area is kept small should be able to handle. I appreciate any help which is given and once again thanks for your reply. Dave

Hi Dave, i have also been looking into the whole area of a robot mower and even got one of the last pcbs that Hans made - still sitting in a box in my workshop !!!

I have several schematics but really want a receiver that uses i2c to communicate with the robot then it can be used in many different applications and easily transfered and configured.

buried wire fence

Thanks Billericayboy.I have built the mower -layout is similar to Robocut ie 2 large wheels and castor,but have used Huberts way of controlling using relays and capacitors and 2 bump switches.I am also using a motor speed controller ( brilliant ).Mower works surprisingly well,althoug have not decided on battery ie could use a Roomba battery as per Huberts or Li-po as in laptop
am "borrowing" wife's Roomba battery at present! Have not found any solar panels -ordinary ones are too heavy;would like about 20 to 24 resin coated as per garden lights as are light and the good ones put out about 4.5 volts and 40-50 milliamps,could also change setup to get higher voltage if use Li-po.Keep me informed if any luck with B.W.F as would still like to build once have got everything else sorted. Regards,Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back