Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

burglar alarm detection system

Status
Not open for further replies.

femo

plz i'm tryin to write my final yr project but at the moment i'm havin probs gatherin info(theoretical) on the topic. could any1 help me out with a site of books? the help will be greatly appreciated. u could reach me at oblankaus@yahoo.com

I'd encourage you to research burglar alarm systems and how they work. That will help guide you in how you might or might not detect such systems. I would also expect that this would be a part of any law enforcement program of study. Your school (university, college I presume) is likely networked with places that offers these programs - if yours does not.

Just some thoughts. Good luck.

Well, this one isn't an academic site, but I've always liked smarthome.com. Their "security & camaras" section gives you a pretty good idea of the infrastructure you'll need for a complete system. **broken link removed** has some good introduction articles on sensors and interfaces.

The trouble is, there really aren't many web tutorials on alarm system design, and the few that do exist rarely cover the electrical design.

Searches for "loss prevention," "alarm system design," and "electronic access control" will return useful weblinks without throwing a lot of irrelevant web security sites at you. My site has a homemade access control panel that I am in the process of redesigning and testing, so if you're wanting to build a few basic systems, you can find them there in a few weeks.

hello

just want to say thanx for the site. lookin 4ward to goin thru ur site as well. have a luvly wkend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back