Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building a Medical Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wal99d

Good day guys,
First of all i'm going to build my own medical sensor and
i had a problem till NOW on deciding which type of sensor i'm going
to build.I mean an easy sonser with little transistors. So i apreciate
your help on that as soon as you can guys. :wink:

The following can be measured by purely non invasive electronic methods.

Pulse/ heartbeat , Blood Oxygen level,
Blood pressure - I think, (will have to check my notes to be sure)
Ultrasonics can measure blood flow.

Nerve signals , brainwaves and motor control of limbs

Internal core temperature continues to be a challenge
as does the cordless camera "pill"

What do you want to sense - temperature, pressure, resistance, voltage ?

There are several projects that I've seen described that are EKG type. They require some good ICs but didn't appear to be all that difficult to build. The simplest is a skin resistance meter - people doing biofeedback use these or build them. An air pressure sensor that with a range of 0.5 psig to 5 psig could be used to measure blood pressure - with the right mechanical and electronic accessories.

A note of caution - whatever it is that you build, if there is any normal or failure mode that could result in a fatal or injurious flow of current (or temp, pressure, etc) then you should not actually use it on someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back