Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buck converter for high impedance source

Status
Not open for further replies.
The maximum amount of power that can be obtained from the end of the 1780 ohm resistor is when the load is also 1780 ohms. this will be when be when the voltage at the end of the resistor is 52.5 volts (105/2) So the maximum power will be 52.5^2/1780 = 2756.25/1780 = 1.548 watts As the required heater power is 1.4 watts the efficiency would need to be 1.4/1.548 = 90.4% Expecting to achieve this is being unrealistic.

While looking to see if there were any nuvistors with higher voltage / lower current heaters I came across the 13CW4 which has a heater of 15.5 volts at 60 mA If you just soldered a resistor across R4 to increase the current slightly this might solve your problem. I found one of these on ebay
**broken link removed**
This is some data on it https://www.drtube.com/datasheets/13cw4-rca1964.pdf

Les.

The maximum amount of power that can be obtained from the end of the 1780 ohm resistor is when the load is also 1780 ohms. this will be when be when the voltage at the end of the resistor is 52.5 volts (105/2) So the maximum power will be 52.5^2/1780 = 2756.25/1780 = 1.548 watts As the required heater power is 1.4 watts the efficiency would need to be 1.4/1.548 = 90.4% Expecting to achieve this is being unrealistic.
Sorry I don't understand your calculation. At the end of buck is 7V@0.125ma (with current limit). How it can be 1.4W? I just mention that at powering current goes to 200ma but limiting that to 125ma tube just take some more time to burn. Great deal BTW regarding saving valve life.

While looking to see if there were any nuvistors with higher voltage / lower current heaters I came across the 13CW4 which has a heater of 15.5 volts at 60 mA If you just soldered a resistor across R4 to increase the current slightly this might solve your problem. I found one of these on ebay
**broken link removed**
This is some data on it https://www.drtube.com/datasheets/13cw4-rca1964.pdf

Les.
Not Imposible. People did some tricks with 13CW4 but hey, why not play a bit with some other tubes ;) My project is not commercial purpose at all, more like a challenge. I just wanted some more ideas to play with.

Tube-1a.JPG Here is the Full Data on this 13CW4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back