Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

brushless motors general

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfx81

Hi. A general question about brushless motors. I heard that if you rotate the shaft of brushless motor, it produces voltage on its terminals.
If a motor takes 9v , 4A and produces 4000 rpm, does that also mean that if we rotate the shaft of motor at 4000rpm we get back 9v ?

Thanks
Kazz

I thought if you spun the armature of any kind of DC motor, you would get some voltage out of it.

If a motor takes 9v , 4A and produces 4000 rpm, does that also mean that if we rotate the shaft of motor at 4000rpm we get back 9v ?
No, I think you will get a lot more voltage than that and it will vary depending on what load you place on the leads.

I think by definition, if you crank spin the shaft of a DC motor, the voltage you get out is going to be some kind of AC.

You'll get pulsating DC out of a brushed DC motor. It is doubtful you'll get anything useful out of a brushless DC motor unless you remove the drive circuitry first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back