Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Brenner8 usb programmer using "pic18f4550" !

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh god.

i cant believe , its working now ,and i test it with pic18f4550 and pic16f84a .

i program both pics . thanks very much for your help bill and any one help me to finish it , and hey every one other read this try to build one its very very nice and fast and reliable prorammer .

note bill ,i used any coil "i found it in my old cd player and it work fine" .

thanks again .

Glad to hear you got it working, and with an old coil from a CD player. That's great and you're welcome.
Wait till you try out the debug mode, simply the best thing but you'll need a PIC with debug support like the 16F87x, 16F88 or any 18F PIC. Also don't forget you can name your PK2 (it's a function of the PK2 software)

hey bill , 2 days and i will assemble it with zif socket and i will post a picture for it wait me , am coming . . . ha ha ha.

Yes the 18F4550 will work, and don't build the brenner8. Instead build a PICkit2 clone (nearly the same amount of parts and a far far better programmer and debugger with MPLAB support etc, etc...)
You can use the 18F4550 in a PICkit2 clone too, I did.
**broken link removed**
Prototype PICkit2 compatible using a 18F4550

Hi, i'hv built the same circuit as you did but my major problem now is that when i plug in the programmer with my PC.. it shows a message like this :" USB Devuce not recognized...."

i thought this is caused by the firmware i used.. but now it seem works for 18f4550..

Can you help me with this problem? thanks

oh god.

i cant believe , its working now ,and i test it with pic18f4550 and pic16f84a .

i program both pics . thanks very much for your help bill and any one help me to finish it , and hey every one other read this try to build one its very very nice and fast and reliable prorammer .

note bill ,i used any coil "i found it in my old cd player and it work fine" .

thanks again .

hi!
im trying to create something like yours...and the image u sent was short...can i ask for the full schematic and the firmware u used...tnx...

whats is your ideas ?

i build that in the picture , but i omit the icd pins "i dont use it" am using the other vpp gnd pgd pgc u5v at the buttom , and omit the "con3" ,and bs250 .

can this work normally ? or not ? and plz any solution for this coil .

regards .

@Mr. blueroomelectronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back