Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Breadboard pushbutton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckbeak

I'm looking for SPST NO breadboard pushbuttons like the ones in this picture:

**broken link removed**

I've been using Mouser for parts ordering and can't find anything suitable. I've seen some with "bent" pins, that look like they would damage the breadboard.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations besides Mouser for parts ordering?

Digikey
Parts Express
All Electronics
Newark
MCM Electronics
Jaycar

If you have some smooth needle noze pliers (part of a typical plier an cutter kit, which any breadboarder should have) you can simply pinch the bent leads lengthwise and straighten them. I do it all the time.

I find sometimes that these switches' leads (salvaged from PCBs) are too short to reliably stay in contact with the breadboard's contacts. I've soldered short pieces (~3/8") of #22 solid wire on each leg...that works and doesn't damage the breadboard.

ken

I keep IC sockets handy, and insert parts with strange or short leads into them. Then the IC sockets insert into the breadboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back