Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Branching/Junctions in Advanced Line following robots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabretooth3000

Hi all,

I am currently busy with my final year project for mechatronic engineering. I have to design a 50kg line following robot or AGV.

My mobile robot has to turn 90 degrees to turn left or right at variou junctions along its route. I have decided to use differential drive steering with two indpedent wheels and two casters.

I would like to use a microcontroller and control the motors with PWM via PID control. Should I use a stepper motor and precisely control the number of steps, or should I use a dc motor and encoder? Robot positioning has to be fairly accurate and I am budgeting about $300 dollars per motor and about $200 for a motor controller to interface with the microcontroller.

I am really struggling to get some technical answers for this, any adivce or links would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back