Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bounty Hunter Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bounty hunter guy is a dope. That aside if you want the very finest in hearing augmentation for the hearing impaired ask your physician about Cochlear.

It's surgically implanted & wrapped around the nerves in the ear and you wear a belt unit about the size of a beeper. Musicians use it and say it's fabulous.

ask your physician about Cochlear.
The same as asking a mechanic if your car needs a replacement engine or transmission. Of course they will say yes so they get lots of profit.

It's surgically implanted & wrapped around the nerves in the ear and you wear a belt unit about the size of a beeper. Musicians use it and say it's fabulous.
The latest ad does not say how few pitches (frequencies) it can pickup. A few years ago it picked up only a few frequencies so everything sounded like a buzzer with no dynamic range. It took months for a person to "learn" what the buzzing noises mean.

Real hearing picks up thousands or tens of thousands of pitches with full dynamic range.

Something I had a little to do with in my early years...

Of course they will say yes so they get lots of profit.

Clearly you don't know anybody worth a damn in the medical profession.

I've known dozens and with very few exceptions they have all been completely serious and dedicated.

I don't mean to be uncharitable to you, but that statement was so far off base into wild conspiracy land that it's wholly irrational.

I hope you were just goofing around.

The latest ad does not say how few pitches (frequencies) it can pickup.

If you want to know, you need to ask the people who have them. The people who install them can help you with that.
Remember, in humans E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G can be different. We are biological not mechanical. It's why I hate peas but my sister loves 'em. We both have sensory organs and are even related (so I'm told), yet we experience the world around us differently.

A few years ago it picked up only a few frequencies so everything sounded like a buzzer with no dynamic range.
Real hearing picks up thousands or tens of thousands of pitches with full dynamic range.[/QUOTE]I think you mean in the 1970's

Last edited:
Clearly you don't know anybody worth a damn in the medical profession.
I've known dozens and with very few exceptions they have all been completely serious and dedicated.
I don't mean to be uncharitable to you, but that statement was so far off base into wild conspiracy land that it's wholly irrational.
I hope you were just goofing around.

I had cataracts surgery for my vision. I was given a high pressure sales meeting and 3 choices were available that costed:
1) Cheap old lenses that cost me nothing because they are paid for by medicare. They take a long time to heal and have poor vision at night.
2) $2400 which are much better lenses and surgery to correct astigmatism.
3) $5600 for lenses that have adjustable focus but have poor vision at night.
They said the lenses that costed nothing had many problems. Maybe they said that to make more profit because some people said they were fine. I selected the $2400 lenses and am very happy with them.

But the surgeon sees me every 6 months for a few seconds, looks inside my eyes and says they are fine. The last visit had high tech retina scans on a computer. I never had anything wrong with my retinas. The surgeon got paid a lot of money for my surgery and gets paid a lot of money for each of my visits. Medicare pays for the visits and tests.

"A few years ago it picked up only a few frequencies so everything sounded like a buzzer with no dynamic range."
I think you mean in the 1970's
I heard that only 8 buzzing frequencies were used. The demos sounded like buzzers. I don't know how many frequencies and don't know how much dynamic range are used today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back